Subject: Re: CYGWIN32 and mount modes
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

26 May 1998 09:38:55 -0700
Message-ID: <356981bd.1042849.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
Cc: [email-masked]

Heyho Michael,

You wrote:

>>Could someone explain me what the CYGWIN32 environment variable with
>>its values tty, notty, binmode etc. is for or point me to some source
>>of _complete_ documentation? As I read in the list almost every
>>setting has some benefit but also some disadvantage.
>
>It is not complete, but IMHO better than nothing:
[...]

Ah, thanks for that information! :)

But what is the difference between binary mounts and the binmode
setting to CYGWIN32? Is it just a global override parameter or does it
more than a binary mount?

>[no]title
As far as I understand it, it only enables/disables some display
option for the title of the DOS box:

>[no]strip_title - works in conjunction with 'title'.  Strips the path spec
>                  from what is displayed in the console title bar when the
>                  program is run.

Tschuess

Michael

-- 
BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER: ZIMBABWE FOREVER
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".