Subject: RE: Another newbie onboard...
From: [email-masked] (Troy High)

25 May 1998 19:31:48 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: "Michael Hirmke" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Thanks Michael for the information.

I have most of it working at this point however I am still struggling with
SSHD.  SSH itself works wonderfully.

Do you ( or anyone on the mailing list ) have an example of a working
sshd_config file?  I have one installed in
/etc that I pulled off another machine but I feel that it may be the source
of my problems.  No matter what I do SSHD tells me that password
authentication has failed... If anyone is interested I can post the output
of sshd -d and the output of ssh -v

	<SNIP>

>Thirdly and a rabbit trail, I have been attempting to get SSH up and
running
>however I never get entering my password before it bombs out; some how I
>feel this is related to the binary mounts thoughà

This is related to non binary mounts and to the CYGWIN32 env var, which
should contain at least "tty" !

>
>I guess what I really need or desire is to see what a real world running
>install LOOKS like.  I mean the whole nine yards. That way I can have
>something to compare myself to.  Anyone have a sacrificial machine lying
>around they can stick out there and let a few newbies telnet in and look
at?
>This could save me an enormous amount of time asking questions,
>experimenting, etc.

I can send you a bunch of files, but I'm afraid that my setup is way too
complicated for a beginner. My .bashrc only has about 1000 lines :)

>
>Thanks in Advance for your help,
>
>Troy High
>[email-masked]

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".