Subject: CYGWIN32 and mount modes
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

23 May 1998 17:54:22 -0700
Message-ID: <356aacee.5008021.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Cygwin32 folks,

Could someone explain me what the CYGWIN32 environment variable with
its values tty, notty, binmode etc. is for or point me to some source
of _complete_ documentation? As I read in the list almost every
setting has some benefit but also some disadvantage.

Also I wasn't able to find some definitive information about binary
and text mode mounts. Is there some documentation on that anywhere?

Sorry if these questions are FAQs but I searched the FAQ and mailing
list archive on them. While the FAQ says nothing on mount modes and
variables the list archive has too much related articles so that I was
lost in the number of matches. :-|

By the way I would like to thank all of you for your great and hard
work you have done making cygwin32 what it is now and will get in the
future. Using it every day to program I really can't thank you enough.
Using cygwin32- and mingw32-gcc and -egcs I was able to almost
completely get rid of the (sometimes awful) Watcom C 10.6 I was using
before. ;)

Please continue making cygwin even better. :)

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".