Subject: Another newbie onboard...
From: [email-masked] (Troy High)

23 May 1998 11:09:25 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hello All,

I am fairly new to gnu-win particularly cygnus, and I seem to be getting
close to having a functional setup however certain nasty things seem to keep
me from getting it all set up correctly.  I have searched through this
list-serv archive for answers but the time has come to go ahead and ask
certain questions that will help me finally get going…

I am using CygWin32 Beta19.1 on a WIN NT 4.0 Workstation/ Service Pack 3

Firstly, concerning mounting stuff in binary/text mixed mode or not,  I seem
to be really confused.  I have tried to unmount and mount these things
however I invariably end up with the same mounts when I restart the machine.
Are there command-line switches or registry hacks I am missing here or what?

Secondly, environment variables.  Every other post I see regards someone
suggesting that someone else add environment variables or adjust them.  Can
someone please clarify it all to me by sending or pointing me to some useful
..bash_profile and .bashrc files?

Thirdly and a rabbit trail, I have been attempting to get SSH up and running
however I never get entering my password before it bombs out; some how I
feel this is related to the binary mounts though…

I guess what I really need or desire is to see what a real world running
install LOOKS like.  I mean the whole nine yards. That way I can have
something to compare myself to.  Anyone have a sacrificial machine lying
around they can stick out there and let a few newbies telnet in and look at?
This could save me an enormous amount of time asking questions,
experimenting, etc.

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Troy High
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".