Subject: Global data in DLL's how?
From: [email-masked] (Craig Setera)

23 May 1998 05:19:30 -0700
Message-ID: <5010400023089780000002L002*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: <[email-masked]>

Let's see if I can explain what I think is happening in hopes that someone
can offer a decent solution.

I'm (still) trying to build DLL's for the GIMP.  There are 3 libraries that make
up GTK (the Gimp Toolkit).  GLib, GDK and GTK.  In GDK, there is a file
that declares an number of global variables.  If I build each of these into
separate DLL's, I find that the global variables don't seem to be shared
between GDK and GTK.  It appears that each DLL is getting its own copy
of the variables rather than sharing a single copy.

So, other than providing functions (this would be a cleaner way to do it
in the first place) to retrieve the information from GDK is there a way to
make sure that each of the DLL's has access to the same copy of the
global data?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".