Subject: Re: Q: Emacs -nw from bash
From: [email-masked] (Rob M. Manning)

23 May 1998 04:54:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Michael Reed wrote:
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> Forgive me if this has been asked before...
> 
> Trying to run NT Emacs in -nw mode from bash (within an xterm)
> 
> Getting:
> 
> emacs:  standard input is not a tty
> 
> I've tried setting CYGWIN32 to tty and various terminal settings.
> Any suggestions?
> 
> (I'm running B19.1 + X11R6.4 + Emacs 19.34.4)

Well I'm running Win95, emacs19.34.6 and I got the same results you
did when I was using Sergey's coolview version of cygwin32b19.dll.
However when I switched back to the 19.1 update on cygnus' site
it worked ok.(I had to remove the CYGWIN32=tty notitle binmode 
line from my cygnus.bat file.)  Not that this is a work-around,
just thought you may be interested.

Rob Manning
-- 

Robert M. Manning                         [email-masked]
Software Engineer                         OFFICE (410) 571-0403
Science Applications International Corp.  FAX    (301) 261-8427
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".