Subject: B19: mprotect() problem
From: [email-masked] (Philippe Gerum)

23 May 1998 04:20:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi, everyone.

It seems there is a problem with mprotect() under B19. At least it does not work 
as expected. I've searched the mail archive and the FAQ for a similar problem, 
but found no fix. Sorry if this is a beaten issue, i'm a newcomer to this list.

The bug can be found in winsup/mmap.cc, where mprotect() calls Win32's 
VirtualProtect() routine to do the job. It appears that the 3rd arg is wrong 
("prot", should be "new_prot").

PS: I'am using B19.1 with coolview.

Hope this helps.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".