Subject: Re: ssh: "you don't exist. go away" and others
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

21 May 1998 15:48:20 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Matthew Patton <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I just so happened to figure out why I was getting this message. It's
>because I didn't have an /etc/passwd file. So how come this isn't in the
>"new users' guide" of things to do once installation is done?

Patches are welcome.

>Less says my terminal is not fully functional. What do others use for their
>TERM variable? I have /etc/termcap symlinked to /usr/X11R6.3/etc/termcap. I
>have a fair number of symlinks (/etc is itself a symlink). Is this a problem?

Your TERM environment variable should be set to "linux".

cgf
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada