Subject: B19.1 on Win95: TCP server crashes (stat() ?)
From: [email-masked] (Juergen Kahrs)

20 May 1998 20:30:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Arnold D. Robbins" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Hello,

there is some excellent/portable/short/clean code for networking
in the Unix-socket-faq:

  http://www.ntua.gr/sock-faq/examples.tar.gz

When compiled with GNU-Win32 Beta19.1 and gcc 2.7-B19,
both clients, TCP and UDP ran when the server was on another machine.
The UDP server also ran on Win95. But the TCP server crashes:

(C:\TOOLS\SOCKET-FAQ-EXAMPLES\TCPSERVER.EXE 1003) Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\TOOLS\SOCKET-FAQ-EXAMPLES\TCPSERVER.EXE 1003) Dumping stack trace to
TCPSERVER.EXE.core

A similar problem occurs when using the networking extensions of
GNU AWK 3.10 (not released yet). Sending works, but receiving
does not. It looks like stat() on sockets is involved.

GNU-Win32 still has a problem here, nevertheless the rest (portability)
is quite nice.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Juergen Kahrs,       STN Atlas Elektronik GmbH,   D-28305 Bremen    |
| Simulation Division  Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235 +49/421/457-2819  |
+----------- http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Kahrs/ -------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".