Subject: Re: precompiled ncurses for b18, or mingw32/b19.1?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

20 May 1998 01:46:51 -0700
Message-ID: <35610f54.125440.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Laszlo,

You wrote:

>but, it would be nice to have an ncurses library built exclusively for
>mingw32 -- can someone point me to one please? this would make my
>application much smaller and probably run a little quicker too.
As the mingw32-Compilers (egcs 1.0.2 by Mumit or gcc 2.8.1 Jan) don't
have the Cygnus emulation layer (Cygwin B19) one would have to port
the ncurses to native Win32-API-Calls. I don't know if this has
already been done but if so, you will need to compile those special
sources.

But at this point my knowledge ends... :-)

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".