Subject: Java JNI with DLL from gcc
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Mickish)

19 May 1998 18:29:28 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I followed Sun's JNI tutorial example at

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/stepbystep/index.html

and tried to generate the native hello.dll file using Cygnus B19 and gcc 2.7.
I had to change a couple of lines in jdk1.1.5/include/win32/jni_md.h (changed
jlong to be long instead of __int64, and JNIEXPORT to an empty #define instead
of a call to __declspec).  After generating the DLL, running the Java main
program popped up a dialog box with:

    "The application or DLL E:\java\HelloWorld\hello.dll is not a valid
    Windows NT image.  Please check this against your installation diskette."

The cygwin32 FAQ and archives talk about a five-step process, auxiliary
initialization and cleanup files, and the WINAPI keyword, which I'm hoping is
more compexity than is needed.

--Andrew Mickish
  http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~am2q/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".