Subject: missing endhostent() entrypoint [attempting ssh 1.2.23]
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Patton)

19 May 1998 08:32:43 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I'm running b19.1 and am oh so close in getting ssh compiled. Seems
there is a problem with the linking such that endhostent() and
endservent() can't be found in the final round. Both routines are
defined in sys/netdb.h. Has anyone solved this problem? I would expect
it would affect almost any networking program.

The error message is:
gcc  -o sshd sshd.o auth-rhosts.o auth-passwd.o auth-rsa.o auth-rh-rsa.o
pty.o l
og-server.o login.o hostfile.o canohost.o servconf.o tildexpand.o
serverloop.o c
rypt.o idea.o rsa.o randoms.o md5.o buffer.o emulate.o packet.o
compress.o xmall
oc.o ttymodes.o newchannels.o bufaux.o authfd.o authfile.o crc32.o
rsaglue.o cip
her.o des.o match.o arcfour.o mpaux.o userfile.o signals.o blowfish.o  \
        -Lgmp-2.0.2-ssh-2 -lgmp -Lzlib-1.0.4 -lz  -L/usr/local/lib
sshd.o(.text+0x40f6):sshd.c: undefined reference to `endhostent'
servconf.o(.text+0x1d9):servconf.c: undefined reference to `endservent'

Also sys/un.h is missing from the Cygnus distribution. As is support for
syslog's LOCAL_* levels. I have context diffs for the latter. To whom do
I direct it?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".