Subject: Inetd and sshd working well, but...
From: [email-masked] (Tad Kollar)

15 May 1998 23:28:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (Tad Kollar)

I've got Sergey's inetd and sshd running fairly well, but there are
a few hiccups I'm hoping someone has suggestions for.

I've tried running inetd and sshd with both the system account and 
as CygRoot, an account with the appropriate rights listed in Sergey's
and others' docs. However, logging in through sshd, doing an id
or whoami shows CygRoot (or Administrator when the system account is
used). Telnetd is better... id and whoami return the correct user but
new files are created as Administrator. I changed all the 'root'
entries in inetd.conf to CygRoot but it seemed to have little effect.

Also, none of the other inetutil daemons seem to function at all (rshd,
rlogind, ftpd)...

Thanks,
Tad

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thaddeus J. Kollar                             | 
Sterling Software, Scientific Systems Division | "Evildoers, eat my
NASA Lewis Research Center                     |  justice!!!" - The Tick
Tel: 216-433-5105  Fax: 216-433-8000           |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".