Subject: B19 tar.exe changes file dates
From: [email-masked] (Richard Stanton)

15 May 1998 20:19:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI MIME-Edit 0.92 - "Oyanagi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I've just noticed that when I use the B19 tar.exe to extract files
from a .tar archive (using, for example, "tar -xvf file.tar"), the
date/time on all the files extracted is changed to that on which tar
is run, rather than that stored in the archive.

Do any of the following exist?

a. A way to change the behavior of the program so that times/dates
   are not mofified.

b. An updated B19 tar.exe that doesn't do this.

c. Another tar.exe that works properly under NT and 95

Thanks a lot.

Richard Stanton

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".