Subject: Re: mount/umount from commandline...
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

15 May 1998 15:04:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <4575832C8E71D111AC4100A0C96B512701410C11@FMSMSX36>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Jason,

>Hello,
>
>Is there a way to use mount/umount from a command prompt?  What happens is

It is :)

>we have / mounted to a path, say C:/Blah.  Now from a command prompt we do:
C:\>> umount /
C:\>> mount C:/temp /
>mount failed: Device or resource busy

Don't know, but this works perfectly for me, even with a bash running in
a second window.

C:\>mount
d:\var           /var                native      text=binary
z:               /home               native      text=binary
c:\usr\local\etc /etc                native      text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text=binary
c:               /                   native      text=binary

C:\>umount /

C:\>mount C:/temp /

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
d:\var           /var                native      text=binary
z:               /home               native      text=binary
c:\usr\local\etc /etc                native      text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text=binary
C:\temp          /                   native      text!=binary

>
>Anyone have any ideas?
>
>[This is b19]

This is b19.1 with Sergey's latest coolview, but I don't think this makes
any difference.

>
>Thanks,
>Jason

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".