Subject: RE: Blatant FAQ about mount points
From: [email-masked] (Edward Avis)

15 May 1998 14:59:58 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

For the second time I am replying to my own question - because many
people have helpfully sent me the answer privately.

I hope that the mailserver doesn't delay this message so long that
people continue to answer the previous one!

The reason why running umount from cmd.exe doesn't work, AFAIK, is that
cygwinb19.dll creates the / mount when it initializes.  So if you delete
the / mount with umount from cmd.exe, then when you run mount from
cmd.exe, cygwinb19.dll initializes again and re-creates the mount point.

The solution is not to restart cygwinb19.dll between umount and mount -
i.e., to run them both from bash, so that cygwin is loaded all the time.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

--
Ed Avis <http://members.tripod.com/~mave>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".