Subject: Re: Blatant FAQ about mount points
From: [email-masked] (TANGUAY, LUC)

15 May 1998 14:42:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Edward Avis wrote:
> 
> I'm sorry, but I've read the entire FAQ and I still don't understand
> how to mount my root filesystem in binary mode.
> ...
> I've looked at the registry with a view to changing the mount points
> by hand, but they appear in several different places, and always under
> "b15.0".
> 

There are default mount points in the registry beside having user
specific ones.  The default mounts are in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
Setup\b15.0\mounts".  For me, / is entry 00.  The trick is to change it
there (from text to binary for example) then delete your user mount
point in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
Setup\b15.0\mounts".  For me, / is entry 0B (it should be different for
you).  THe next time you execute "mount", the default mount point for /
should be copied into your specific one.

Hope this help, Luc.
-- 
Luc Tanguay, ing.
Bell Canada
Recherche et génie logiciel/Software Engineering & Research
1050 Beaver Hall, 2e étage/2nd floor
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1S4, Canada
Tél./phone: (514) 786-6440
mailto:[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".