Subject: RE: Stupid NT security question (related to Sergey's code)
From: [email-masked] (Mike Grasso)

15 May 1998 14:42:26 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <5010400022684488000002L082*@MHS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Craig Setera" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

> I would like to run Sergey's remote code on my NT box.  I'm unfortunately
> stumped at where to make the necessary changes to the registry to give
> the user the appropriate security access.  I have read enough to know that
> the required changes have to be made via the registry editor, but
> what keys/
> values do I need to specify?

It's easier than you think, but not at all obvious what to do.  Start up
"User Manager", and select "Policies/User Rights" from the menubar.  There
you get to assign specific rights to groups of users (eg, "Administrators",
"Power Users", "Everyone", etc).  There is a little radio box at the bottom
of the form which you should select in order to show all assignable rights.
Then you can go through and pick out the right ones, and assign them to
who-ever is running the software.

--
Mike Grasso - [email-masked]
TUSC P/L - 666 Doncaster Road, Doncaster, 3108, Australia
ph +61 3 9840 4451 - fx +61 3 9840 2277 - mb +61 4 1619 4954

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".