Subject: B19: "tail" parameter faults
From: [email-masked] (Kevin F. Quinn)

14 May 1998 12:37:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <4575832C8E71D111AC4100A0C96B512701410C03@FMSMSX36>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Just a quickie - I've noticed that (for example)

  tail -1 fred.txt harry.txt

fails, whereas

  tail --lines=1 fred.txt harry.txt

and

  tail -1 fred.txt

work fine.  I think it was OK in B18 - I don't recall having any
problems with it then.

Using B19.1, with bash as the shell.

Kev.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".