Subject: MAKE SHELL = cmd ?? (read the FAQ!)
From: [email-masked]

14 May 1998 11:21:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I've upgraded from b18 to b19 but my make scripts seem broken. Shell
commands such as
'ENV=value export value ; command' don't work.

*** I checked the FAQ and it said to add '.' to my path - but it doesn't
make any difference.

Also make resets the SHELL to cmd.exe even if SHELL is set to /bin/sh prior
to calling make.

Setting the shell explicitly within make causes more problems - presumably
because its passing switches for for cmd.exe to /bin/sh.exe.

I could probably investigate more and put all the switcheds right but is
this the correct approach, or am I digging around too deep?

Andy L.

Tertio Limited  -  One Angel Square,   Torrens Street,   London  EC1V 1NY
Tel: +44 (0)171 843 4000 Fax: +44 (0)171 843 4001 Web http://www.tertio.com
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Tertio
Ltd.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".