Subject: Re: ld and SIGSEGV but other Problem
From: [email-masked] (William M. Mullins)

14 May 1998 11:01:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have noticed this problem with in general with cygwin:

Compilation of tinker fails because insufficient virtual memory
allocation (though I have several GB)

xv and imagemagick die a quick death with large images and other things
running.

octave 2.0.11 has compilation problems due to insufficient virtual
memory (can work around by closing other active programmes and compiling
the effected modules manually -- ie not with make )

the list goes on ... non are catastrophic (except for tinker) but thay
can be irritating at times.

Is it possible that virtual memory allocation is, while not broken,
maybe bent a little?

W. M. Mullins

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".