Subject: Re: GNU-Win32 distribution question
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

14 May 1998 10:36:47 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <c=DK%a=_%p=CD-Danmark%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Peter,

[...]
>does not bite me one way or another. Is everybody happy with it? How
>many of you have developed clever mount schemes or rearranged the
>filesystem hierarchy?

I rearranged it so that I only have
        c:\usr
                bin
                lib
                local
                        bin
                        lib
                        ...
                ...

I even put all the exes and libs from the H-i386-cygwin32 directories
to the above mentioned directories.
My mount table looks like this

Device           Directory           Type        Flags
d:\var           /var                native      text=binary
z:               /home               native      text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text=binary
C:               /                   native      text=binary

>Couldn't we just have something a bit more complying with the Filesystem
>Hierarchy Standard http://www.pathname.com/fhs/?

Jupp, would be great.

>
>Kind regards
>Peter Ring

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".