Subject: B19; supporting a DOS-path such as C:\a\b\c;C:\d\e\f;D:\g\h
From: [email-masked] (Chris Callsen)

14 May 1998 10:21:13 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------C3CBAAF055AA217D503F90F5"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------C3CBAAF055AA217D503F90F5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Cygnus Folks,

Let me first say that I like using bash on windows (cmd.exe makes me
insane). Naturally, bash uses a Unix-style PATH for finding things.
However, when bash runs "native" Windows applications these see a
Unix-style PATH but expect a DOS style path. An example of this would be
'nmake', or the Microsoft Tools (C compiler, linker, etc).

After checking the sourcecode, it seems as if src/bash/general.c lines
881 & 883 is where the magic happens (i.e., splitting on ':'). What
about allowing an environment variable that controls what character is
used to split the PATH?

A question at hand is if the implementation of "open" and friends in
cygwin32.dll understand DOS-style paths - but they might do that, so it
should work.

Any feedback on this one?

-Christian Callsen

--------------C3CBAAF055AA217D503F90F5
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Christian Callsen
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Christian Callsen
n:              Callsen;Christian
org:            Active Software Inc.
adr:            3255-1 Scott Blvd, Suite 201;;;Santa Clara;CA;95054;USA
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          Senior Software Engineer
tel;work:       +1 408 969-5675
tel;fax:        +1 408 969-6607
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------C3CBAAF055AA217D503F90F5--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".