Subject: Blatant FAQ about mount points
From: [email-masked] (Edward Avis)

14 May 1998 04:54:58 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I'm sorry, but I've read the entire FAQ and I still don't understand how
to mount my root filesystem in binary mode.

This is what I'm doing:

--------
C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

C:\>umount /

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

C:\>umount C:

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

C:\>umount C:/

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

C:\>umount C:\

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary
--------

I just can't unmount the C: drive - and that means I get "device or
resource busy" when I try to mount it in binary mode.

I've looked at the registry with a view to changing the mount points by
hand, but they appear in several different places, and always under
"b15.0".

Am I missing something here?

(I'm using B19.1, plus coolview.  Everything works fine, apart from
those things that don't like text!=binary.)

--
Ed Avis <http://members.tripod.com/~mave>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".