Subject: [Fwd: NT/smbpasswd authentication for Linux/Solaris 2.6 (pam_smb-1.0)]
From: [email-masked] (Frank Baumgart)

13 May 1998 07:57:50 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------60D55F68F0CB9181A1E821C6"
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------60D55F68F0CB9181A1E821C6
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--------------60D55F68F0CB9181A1E821C6
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Path: news.uni-paderborn.de!fu-berlin.de!masternews.telia.net!news-stkh.gip.net!news.gsl.net!gip.net!newsfeed1.funet.fi!128.214.205.17.MISMATCH!news.helsinki.fi!not-for-mail
From: Dave Airlie <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: NT/smbpasswd authentication for Linux/Solaris 2.6 (pam_smb-1.0)
Followup-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:43:10 GMT
Organization: none
Approved: [email-masked] (Mikko Rauhala)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: laulujoutsen.pc.helsinki.fi
Old-Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:24:13 +0100 (IST)
X-No-Archive: yes
X-Auth: PGPMoose V1.1 PGP comp.os.linux.announce
	iQCVAgUBNVgLnlrUI/eHXJZ5AQE5GAP6A7yWBBFdJc1sbfOkT/cCdVW6P+IcIoWi
	reJxHMNC3hx5oQpwx5DrFi6RSAUL7zcxPGUSpe7h1RdB9Ys/8DLO0NVOPRYcPaUE
	nFCWMimqd17ua0OUquoCTW7NT0UwFnM/01v380gxj4oZCeim7mjrmbRQwPqzWBMN
	scDXrnntlZg=
	=da+J
Xref: news.uni-paderborn.de comp.os.linux.announce:2765

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

This is an upgraded version of the pam_smb module which supports both
Solaris 2.6 and Linux.

The major changes in this release are some cleaned up code in the
validator and GNU configure support to make it easier to compile.

Hopefully the Solaris 2.6 support is complete, it works for me what more
can I say :-) ..

This modules allows Linux users to be authenticated from an NT or Samba
server. If the samba server supports encrypted (smbpasswd) passwds this
module can be used to authenticate users using the smbpasswd file.

We are using it here so users can logon to Linux/NT/Solaris boxes without
us having to keep two sets of passwords. Users still require password
entries on the Linux boxes but *'ed passwords should work or if a password
entry exists it will try to use this first and then the remote server is
this fails. 

Current version is at:
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/pam_smb-1.0.tar.gz
or
ftp://ftp.csn.ul.ie/pub/linux/pam/pam_smb/pam_smb-1.0.tar.gz          

E-mail me with any comments or problems, I can't promise they'll get fixed
but at least I'll know about em :-)

Dave.     

- ------------ David Airlie, [email-masked],airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied	-- Computer Engineering Postgrad      \
- --- TEL: +353-61-202695 -----------------------------------------------

- -- 
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html

--------------60D55F68F0CB9181A1E821C6--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".