Subject: Re: Newbies FAQS ?
From: [email-masked] (Dylan Griffiths)

13 May 1998 07:35:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: Santi MAURO <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday 12, May, 1998 05:44
Subject: Newbies FAQS ?

>Hi,

Greetings.

>I have some question to start using gnu-win32

>1) How can I use the files of the directories \gnuwin32\b18\info and
>\gnuwin32\b18\man ?

Port man or one of the info file readers.  I suggest grabbing B19 and the
B19.1 update DLL before doing any port work, though.

>2) Where can I find examples of C++ sources using Win32 API calls ?

http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/  They have examples.  You will also want to
look for the Win32 SDK, it's a free download.  C++ sources are rare as C++
is slow and not as popular as C for Win32 development.  C++ people generaly
use MFC, but that is very much tied into VC++.

>3) How can I download all the html files for the documentation ?

Sslurp or some other mirroring tool should easily grab the entire website.

>4) How can I download all the archives files (1997, 1998) of this mailing
>list ?

See above.

>thank you very much

No prob.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".