Subject: Re: Rebooting from command line
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Prewett)

13 May 1998 07:34:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)
Cc: [email-masked]

> As I have to constantly reboot my NT machine, I was wondering if anyone
> knew a command line utility that can do this?
> (I can't use a GUI utility as I log on remotely with telnet).

The NT 3.51 Resource Kit has a shutdown.exe that I use in a script to reboot
my machine.  It can shutdown machines over a network, too (although I haven't
tried this since I only have one machine...).  Alternatively, you could
write your own.  The command is something like ExitWindowsEx.

Geoff Prewett
                              .
...........................  ..:..  .............................................
:      Geoffrey Prewett       : Nature and Nature's laws were hidden in night, :
:      [email-masked]      : God said, "Let Newton be, and all was light."  :
:      (614) 688 - 7471                                      -- Alexander Pope :
:.............................: It did not last.  The devil roaring, "Ho!      :
:         Pipe Organ          : Let Einstein be," restored the status quo."    :
:   King of the Instruments   :                              -- Reply to Pope  :
:.............................:................................................:
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".