Subject: Re: linking confusion
From: [email-masked] (Jenny Gable Skywind)

13 May 1998 06:11:17 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980512182503.25039A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@coke>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Cygnus GNU Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Mumit Khan wrote:
>  OK:
>    % gcc -c foo.c
>    % gcc -mwindows -o foo foo.o
>  Not OK:
>    % gcc -mwindows -o foo.c

Thanks, that solved it, and now creates an executable that just pops up
a window.  I know it's supposed to have a small menu, and a different
color background, from the example exe.  I'm also getting one warning
during linking:

BASH.EXE-2.01$ gcc -mwindows listing2.o
/CYGNUS/B19/H-I386~1/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry
symbol _WinMainCRTStartup; defaulting to 00401000

I can't find a reference to this function in my book anywhere, so I'm
not sure what library to link to for it to work.  And it doesn't actually
appear in my source code anywhere.  Tips?  Thanks.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".