Subject: RE: MySQL porting, MIT-PThread
From: [email-masked] (Shane Caraveo)

13 May 1998 00:25:40 -0700
Message-ID: <000101bd7daf$6455b810$0100a8c0.cygnus.gnu-win32@smc01>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>

> > 	- Apache/1.3b6
> > 	- PHP3 RC4
> > 	- Perl 5.004_04
> > 	- MySQL
> >
> > to support my MySQL database system (http://www.tcx.se) port to the
> > cygwin32 environment.

With the exception of being able to compile with a free compiler (a big
exception, I know), there isnt much point to porting any of the above,
they've already been ported to native compilers.  However, it would be nice
to see them compile with the mingw compiler.  Apache, php, and mysql should
require minimal effort to compile with it.

(also, if you are porting php for this, you should at least get a cvs
account from Rasmus so others can also benefit from your work :)

Shane Caraveo

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".