Subject: Re: GNU-Win32 distribution question
From: [email-masked] (Benjamin Riefenstahl)

11 May 1998 17:51:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Geoffrey,

Geoffrey Noer wrote:
> Opinions on how/whether to make use of the rpm system for GNU-Win32?

I just learned to work with RPM on Linux and I *love* it. It gives me
much more control than InstallShield, especially control about the files
that will be/are installed.

It doesn't help much in the registry issue. You have to document that
very carefully.

A disadvantage of RPM could be that it is not a graphical installation,
so some new users may still get scared.

But if you can package it so that it would be a self-installing exe, I
think it would be a good compromise.

so long, benny
======================================
Benjamin Riefenstahl ([email-masked])
Crocodial Communications EntwicklungsGmbH
Ruhrstraße 61, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".