Subject: Re: To use or not to use InstallShield
From: [email-masked]

9 May 1998 17:48:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

On Fri, 8 May 1998, The Myers Family wrote:

> Further, a tarball distribution would NOT force every Win95/NT user to wade 
> through using tar and gzip.  I use WinZip, which rips through .tar.gz 
> and .tar.Z archives as easily as plain old ZIP files.

I do find it rather annoying and inconvenient to be forced to reboot to
win95 just to extract the files... They didn't extract very well under
WINE.

       +----------------------+----------------------------------------+
       | [email-masked] | UNIX _is_ user-friendly. It's just not |
       |     By-Tor@EfNet     | ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.  |
       +----------------------+----------------------------------------+

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".