Subject: Re: CygWin32 and Linux
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

9 May 1998 11:22:24 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Edward,

[...]
>Another advantage would be that pristine sources and a well-defined set
>of diffs for Cygwin32 could replace the current rather chaotic porting
>of programs.  That's not to put down the GNUWin32 package report; it's
>certainly a useful measure, I just don't think it will scale well to
>hundreds of packages.

I have to agree - I started this report just to have *anything*.
If it will grow to lets say more than 100 packages, I have to think
about putting it into a database or something like that.

I hope though, that until this time most GNU packages will have their
own [GNU|Cyg]Win32 build rules , so that this report won't be necessary
any more.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".