Subject: Re: tcl/tk under mingw32 ?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

9 May 1998 01:35:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Ulrich Lauther <[email-masked]> writes:
> Can tcl/tk be compiled under mingw32? Has one to change code?
> Has anyone a Makefile to share?
> Thanks for any hints!
> -- 

See my announcement to gnu-win32 list on 3/24/98 for mingw32 port
of tcl/tk/tix/blt, and here's the URL again: 

  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/tcl/

I unfortunately don't have the time nor the resources (I'm few K
miles away from my home machine) currently to post the sanitized
diffs (pretty minor tweaks really), but hopefully 1st week of June
when I get back.

I remember tweaking the cygwin32 tcl/tk makefiles just a bit to get
things to work. Be aware that you *have to* have egcs-1.0.2 mingw32
distribution, specifically the windows32api headers distributed with
it, to get things to work (Ian Taylor will have more info on this 
since he's the primary force behind the cygwin32 port).

Regards,
Mumit
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".