Subject: Dynamically Loaded DLL
From: [email-masked] (Anthony Tuininga)

9 May 1998 00:05:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

I have managed to successfully build a relocatable DLL using the three
pass link given on one of the FAQ pages. However, I am having trouble
when dynamically loading the DLL (in this case via Oracle in their
external procedure call interface). What happens is that a string passed
in externally (from Oracle) can be passed to an external function
without difficulty, but a constant string or allocated string cannot be
(it can only be used internally in the DLL). This apparently works with
VC++ as someone else compiled the source for me into a DLL and it
worked, but egcs 1.02 and the associated binutils does not. I'm not sure
whether this is gcc or the linker and would appreciate any and all help
with this one.
Thanks in advance.

Anthony

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".