Subject: Re: To use or _NOT_ to use InstallShield?
From: [email-masked] (Bartlee A. Anderson)

8 May 1998 17:52:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I would like to see a compromise on the installshield issue.
Allow automatic install for those wishing it.
Allow inspection/tinkering with the installable pieces for the more
advanced and or paranoid.
The reg settings, dll's, other changes made to the system should at
least be totally documented. Some people don't want to look behind the
curtain, others must have control.
-- 
Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                             Electronic Commerce
 300 Bauman Ct.                                 [email-masked]
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".