Subject: Trouble with configure; root directory changed on cd
From: [email-masked] (Marc Sacks)

7 May 1998 00:50:13 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I have been unable to run src/configure.  I've encountered an assortment of 
problems, most of which I've been able to do something about.  This one's 
got me stumped, though.

The script chugs along fine until it starts recursing.  Then it cd's to 
another directory (in my case, d:/cygnus/b19/mmalloc).  No problem with 
that, but somehow it changes the definition of root to be that directory as 
well, so when it tries to run src/mmalloc/configure it can't find /bin/sh, 
since the value of root has been changed to  d:/cygnus/b19/mmalloc.

Does anyone have any idea how or why this could happen, or what to do about 
it?

The configure code where the problem pops up is:

     for configdir in ${configdirs} ; do

                if [ -d ${srcdir}/${configdir} ] ; then
                        eval echo Configuring ${configdir}... ${redirect}
                        case "${srcdir}" in
                        ".") ;;
                        *)
                                if [ ! -d ./${configdir} ] ; then
                                        if mkdir ./${configdir} ; then
                                                true
                                        else
                                                echo '***' "${progname}: 
could not make ${PWD=`pwd`}/${configdir}" 1>&2
                                                exit 1
                                        fi
                                fi
                                ;;
                        esac

                        POPDIR=${PWD=`pwd`}
                        cd ${configdir} 	

I don't see anything here that changes the meaning of root, but after the 
cd at the end it's been changed.

Thanks for your help, anybody.

Marc Sacks
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".