Subject: Finding Out My Own IP-Address
From: [email-masked] (Oliver Copp)

6 May 1998 21:46:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi !

Is there a function which allows me to find out my current IP address ?

My best guess was to use gethostbyname("localhost") but that always returns
127.0.0.1. 

When I dial in to my provider via NT-RAS, I'm assigned a dynamic IP address -
which is what I'm trying to find out.

Anyone ;-) ?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver Copp                               ________ ___  __   _    _
[email-masked]                   |__    __|   \|  | / \  / \
http://tnm.simplenet.com/                   |  |  |  |\   |/   \/   \
TNM - The Wrestling Simulator               |__|  |__| \__|___/\/\___\
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".