Subject: B19 (NT 4.0): running bash from gnuemacs pegs CPU when process exits
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Payne)

6 May 1998 21:39:27 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi there,

I have been using B18 for a long time as my shell program for GNU emacs, and
it's worked fine for the most part.  One problem it had was it wasn't easily
killed from emacs.  The first thing I noticed when I switched to B19 was that
emacs was able to kill the process if I asked it to.

The bug, however, is that when the process exits normally, GNU emacs seems to
take 100% of the CPU waiting for the process.  As I type this I realize this
sounds like a GNU emacs bug, but I have already reported this to them and not
gotten an answer.

JP
-- 
Jonathan Payne, Marimba, Inc.
http://www.marimba.com/people/jpayne/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".