Subject: Re: B19: bug in sh.exe
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 May 1998 21:25:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Nick Savoiu <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

  To solve this problem you need to read the IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE
at the end of this note.  You may also need to:

mv sh.exe ash.exe
cp bash.exe sh..exe

---Nick Savoiu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> 
> I'm using B19 under WinNT 4.0 SP3.
> 
> I was trying to make lesstif-0.83 and got the following coredump from
> sh.exe:
> 
> sh.exe.core:
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) Exception trapped!
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) exception C0000005 at 4053EC
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) exception: ax 2A72C00 bx 2A73974 cx 2A7309C dx
> 2A739C2
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) exception: si 40E178 di 2A74000 bp 241FB40 sp
> 241FAD8
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) Stack trace:
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 0: sp = 0x241F804, pc = 0x1000A250
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 1: sp = 0x241F928, pc = 0x77F94512
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 2: sp = 0x241F94C, pc = 0x77F88EEB
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 3: sp = 0x241F9D8, pc = 0x77F76266
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 4: sp = 0x241FB40, pc = 0x405280
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 5: sp = 0x241FB58, pc = 0x404632
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 6: sp = 0x241FB78, pc = 0x402C40
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 7: sp = 0x241FCC8, pc = 0x402509
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 8: sp = 0x241FCE8, pc = 0x40739A
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 9: sp = 0x241FD14, pc = 0x40726B
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 10: sp = 0x241FE00, pc = 0x10006B89
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 11: sp = 0x241FF94, pc = 0x10006B9C
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 12: sp = 0x241FFA0, pc = 0x40D602
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 13: sp = 0x241FFB0, pc = 0x40103A
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 14: sp = 0x241FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) frame 15: sp = 0x241FFF0, pc = 0x0
> (C:\bin\sh.exe 1022) End of stack trace
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> B18 doesn't exhibit this problem.
> 
> Nick
> 
> 

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/ 
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated 
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1 
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if 
your using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler that 
comes with the tools have lots of problems that have been fixed with 
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".