Subject: RE: To use or _NOT_ to use InstallShield?
From: [email-masked] (Edward Avis)

6 May 1998 13:04:40 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

It's true that to make good use of Cygwin32 you need to know something 
about filesystem structure etc.  However, I don't see how using 
InstallShield is a problem in itself.  If you can do something for the 
user, instead of having to provide instructions and let them do it 
themselves, then why not take the easy route?

The installation, with the cygnus.bat placed in the start menu, lets the 
user test that everything is working in the "default" configuration before 
they go off and start changing things.

As a final point, I am sure that this list would be clogged with many more 
"how to install this?" questions if Cygnus went back to the old .tgz file 
or whatever.

--
Ed Avis

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".