Subject: Re: Troubles compiling W95 application
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

5 May 1998 21:45:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

   Please see the important upgrade notice at the end of this note.

---Laurent Savaete <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello !
> I have just downloaded the Cygwin32 b19 archive (CDK.exe) very happy
to
> find a *FREE* C++ compiler for W95. I found the address in the news
> group "comp.lang.C++".
> But I have a HUGE PROBLEM : I typed in a script for Visual C++ 4.0,
> another for Borland C++ 4.5 and tried to compile them first with
GCC.EXE
> provided in the archive then using a Win95 interface called DFE95 that
> calls Gcc.exe !
> But no way ! They just sent me back a dozen error messages :-(
> What shall I do ? HELP !!!! I think I should tell you I am just
> beginning with C++.
> But those programs are right typed . It seems to me that some
libraries
> or definitions are missing.
> To help you answer I attach the scripts (in txt files) I tried.
>     -the one called AppSpy should write on a file the programs that
are
> launched in W95
>     -the other called screen is a screen capture app to copy any
part of
> the screen to the Clipboard.
> I hope this will help.
> Here is the part of my autoexec.bat file that sets the environment
> variables.
> SET MAKE_MODE=unix
> SET CYGFS=C:/Office/prog/cygnus/b19
> SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\OFFICE\PROG\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386~1\lib\gcc-lib\
> SET TCL_LIBRARY=%CYGROOT%\share\tcl8.0\
> SET GDBTK_LIBRARY=%CYGFS%/share/gdbtcl
> SET PATH=C:\OFFICE\PROG\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386~1\bin;%PATH%
> I have also created a \tmp directory and read all the faq.
> 
> I am really disappointed that it doesn't work because I will be
obliged
> to buy a commercial version if you do not answer this.(and commercial
> software costs a bit more than in the USA in France :-(
> 
> Hoping to hear from you soon
>     Best regards
>             Laurent Savaete
> 
> 

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/ 
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated 
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1 
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if 
your using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler that 
comes with the tools have lots of problems that have been fixed with 
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".