Subject: Re: alias retention
From: [email-masked] (Tollef Fog Heen)

4 May 1998 18:35:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Mark A." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

At 20:48 02.05.98 -0400, you wrote:
>Is it possible to get aliases to be retained by the bash shell at startup?
>I read the 'set -i ?' command makes the bashshell interactive  allowing
>bash to read a .bashrc file (that I would like to put aliases, etc.
>However either I'm not issuing the -i command in the correct syntax or
>something as bash doesn't seem to be getting any info from the .bashrc
>file.  In any case my aliases are lost after each session.  Can anybody
>help?

Your .bashrc is read from your home directory specified by $HOME . It uses
c:\ if home is not set. So you need to set home, or move your .bashrc to c:\.

(Isn't this question in the faq yet?) 

Tollef Fog Heen

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".