Subject: RE: Huge bug with C read() function for
From: [email-masked] (Jan Skarvall)

4 May 1998 00:17:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Cygnus GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

I just downloaded, configured, and tried to make bash-2.02 as Sergey
Okhapkin suggested.
I got exactly the same error as with previous version of bash. The
symptoms I describe in previous mail
titled "Need help with making bash in chase for .inputrc/accent key
problems.".

The cause is exactly as Daniel Sands describes, which I happend to
discover in parallel with him.
At least it is closer to the problem description. I do not know where to
look for the bug.
I tried to compile winsup to have a closer look at syscalls.cc, but I
have not yet succeeded in
compiling winsup either. Configuring winsup requires a lot around winsup
as some scripts the level
above, libiberty things as far as I have seen....

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".