Subject: Porting fig2dev.exe from transfig 3.2
From: [email-masked] (Myles Bogner)

3 May 1998 04:38:49 -0700
Message-ID: <000401bd764e$059fb040$f70ae18d.cygnus.gnu-win32@swift>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

    Using NT 4.0 and gcc 19.1b, I have successfully gotten Xfig 3.2 to run.
It is appears to be very stable running under the MIX X server.  I saw a
post in the Mailing List archives that this had been done last August with
beta 18.
    I cannot get fig2dev from transfig to compile, however.  Specifically,
there was an error about an stricmp prototype which I corrected and got
past by doing an #define MSDOS in genepic.c.  However, in further in the
compiling phase I get numerous messages of the form:

make[2]: `libtransfig.a' is up to date.
gcc   fig2dev.o dev/libtransfig.a      -lm  -o fig2dev
fig2dev.o(.text+0x1dc):fig2dev.c: undefined reference to `fig_getopt'
fig2dev.o(.text+0x498):fig2dev.c: undefined reference to `read_fig'
fig2dev.o(.text+0x4ab):fig2dev.c: undefined reference to `readfp_fig'
fig2dev.o(.text+0x4c3):fig2dev.c: undefined reference to `read_fail_message'
fig2dev.o(.text+0x78e):fig2dev.c: undefined reference to `compound_bound'
dev/libtransfig.a(genepic.o)(.text+0x2527):genepic.c: undefined reference to
`un
psfont'
dev/libtransfig.a(genepic.o)(.text+0x29c0):genepic.c: undefined reference to
`IS
OtoTeX'
dev/libtransfig.a(genlatex.o)(.text+0xbe0):genlatex.c: undefined reference
to `g
et_slope'
dev/libtransfig.a(genlatex.o)(.text+0x2101):genlatex.c: undefined reference
to `
unpsfont'
dev/libtransfig.a(genlatex.o)(.text+0x2313):genlatex.c: undefined reference
to `
ISOtoTeX'
dev/libtransfig.a(genlatex.o)(.text+0x257c):genlatex.c: undefined reference
to `
rad2deg'
dev/libtransfig.a(genlatex.o)(.text+0x25a4):genlatex.c: undefined reference
to `
rad2deg'
dev/libtransfig.a(genpic.o)(.text+0xe36):genpic.c: undefined reference to
`unpsf
ont'

....

dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbd56):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v2_fla
g'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbd63):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v21_fl
ag'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbd6c):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v30_fl
ag'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbd7e):genps.c: undefined reference to
`PSfont
names'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbdb3):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v21_fl
ag'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbdbc):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v30_fl
ag'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbdce):genps.c: undefined reference to
`PSfont
names'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbde4):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v21_fl
ag'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbded):genps.c: undefined reference to
`v30_fl
ag'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbdff):genps.c: undefined reference to
`PSfont
names'
dev/libtransfig.a(genps.o)(.text+0xbe25):genps.c: undefined reference to
`PSisom
ap'
dev/libtransfig.a(gentpic.o)(.text+0x1127):gentpic.c: undefined reference to
`un
psfont'
make[1]: *** [fig2dev] Error 1

If anyone knows how to get around these errors, your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Myles
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".