Subject: Re: B19 : MAKE not working
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

3 May 1998 04:30:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: C S Carnell <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

  Please see the IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE at the end of this note.

---C S Carnell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello, I recently(thursday) downloaded the lated Cygnus GNU-Win32
> system. Everything installed OK, and BASH starts up fine
> 
> However, the Make program crashes. GCC on its own, plus all the other
> commands i have tried work. Here is the output:
> 
> 
> C:\talkers\PROXY>make
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLA
> TION
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) Dumping stack
trace to MAKE.EX
> E.core
> 
> C:\talkers\PROXY>
> 
> This is the contents of MAKE.EXE.CORE
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) Exception trapped!
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) exception C0000005
at 4090B9
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) exception: ax
41C18C bx 4
> cx 41C183 dx 41C100
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) exception: si 0 di
406C1C
> bp 254F104 sp 254F0E4
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) exception is:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) Stack trace:
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 0: sp =
0x254EDF4,
> pc = 0x1000A250
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 1: sp =
0x254EF18,
> pc = 0xBFF76780
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 2: sp =
0x254EF3C,
> pc = 0xBFF858F3
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 3: sp =
0x254EFD4,
> pc = 0xFFECBAD7
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 4: sp =
0x254F104,
> pc = 0x407DFB
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 5: sp =
0x254FB6C,
> pc = 0x10006B89
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 6: sp =
0x254FE0C,
> pc = 0x10006B9C
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 7: sp =
0x254FE18,
> pc = 0x418955
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 8: sp =
0x254FE28,
> pc = 0x40103A
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 9: sp =
0x254FE38,
> pc = 0xBFF88E93
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 10: sp =
0x254FF78,
> pc = 0xBFF88D41
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 11: sp =
0x254FFF4,
> pc = 0xBFF87759
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) frame 12: sp =
0x8154704C,
> pc = 0x4
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) Exception:
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> (C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1000) Error while
dumping state
> (probably corrupted stack)
> 
> Ive got a Packard Bell 486SX-50, 12MB Ram and Windows 95(ver
4.00.1111)
> 
> I also downloaded and installed the latest version of the DLL.
> 
> HELP!
> ...
> Craig Carnell aka Ck, (Computer Student, CCTC) 
> 	--> Coder, Pondlife
> E-Mail : [email-masked]
> URL    : Http://www.cannock.ac.uk/~ndcs1cc/
> Telnet : Pondlife, pondlife.ml.org:7000, benden.erols.com:7000
> ...
> 

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/ 
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated 
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1 
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if 
your using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler that 
comes with the tools have lots of problems that have been fixed with 
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".