Subject: Bison: bison.{simple,hairy} path hardwired in B19.1?
From: [email-masked] (Ross Johnson)

2 May 1998 04:27:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

I'm new to cygwin but have scanned the FAQ and list archives for
background on this problem without success. I thought I'd let you know
about this problem before I grab the bison sources and recompile them.

The problem, that I could find no way around, is that bison looks in
/cygwin/shared for bison.simple irrespective of where CYGROOT points.

I tried setting up a symlink using (I think) "ls -s $CYGROOT /cygwin" but
the link didn't work (I may need to retry this to make sure I got it
right). In any case I'd rather not rely on creating links since that makes
migrating around on different machines unneccessarily cumbersome. Then I
found out what a hack NT "shortcuts" are and that didn't work either.
They're just linkname.lnk files that I assume contain the alternate path
as a string. 

After using my Linux box to generate my .[ch] parser files and fixing one
more minor incompatibility (that I'll describe under a new heading - for
archive scanning purposes), my application built successfully. 

Many thanks.
Ross

+----------------------+---+
| Ross Johnson         |   | E-Mail: [email-masked]
| Info Sciences and Eng|___|
| University of Canberra   | FAX:    +61 6 2015227
| PO Box 1                 |
| Belconnen  ACT    2616   | WWW:    http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~rpj/
| AUSTRALIA                |
+--------------------------+

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".