Subject: Need help with making bash in chase for .inputrc/accent key problems.
From: [email-masked] (Jan Skarvall)

1 May 1998 12:01:28 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Cygnus GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

I have downloaded the cdk B19 sources and picked out the bash sources.
I have also installed cdk B19 + the B19.1 update. I have not installed
egcs.
I am working with the assumption that the gcc in cdk should at least
compile cdk itself.
Then I have simply made a configure of bash without any parameters at
all. At least I could not see any alarming output. make however halts.
The problem I have is in the builtins directory.
I made a make clean to repeat it. However, make clean fails to remove
builtins/mkbuiltins.exe. I guess the file extension .exe is the problem.
So I removed the mkbuiltins.exe by hand, cd´d into the builtins
directory and make´d with the following result (in ntemacs):

cd c:/WINDOWS/Skrivbord/bash/builtins/
make
gcc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSHELL   -I. -I.. -I.. -I../lib -I.  -g -O2 -o
mkbuiltins ./mkbuiltins.c
../mkbuiltins.c: In function `array_add':
../mkbuiltins.c:348: warning: passing arg 1 of `bcopy' from incompatible
pointer type
rm -f builtext.h builtins.c
../mkbuiltins -externfile builtext.h -structfile builtins.c \
-noproduction -D . ./alias.def ./bind.def ./break.def ./builtin.def
../cd.def ./colon.def ./command.def ./declare.def ./echo.def ./enable.def
../eval.def ./getopts.def ./exec.def ./exit.def ./fc.def ./fg_bg.def
../hash.def ./help.def ./history.def ./jobs.def ./kill.def ./let.def
../read.def ./return.def ./set.def ./setattr.def ./shift.def ./source.def
../suspend.def ./test.def ./times.def ./trap.def ./type.def ./ulimit.def
../umask.def ./wait.def ./reserved.def ./pushd.def ./shopt.def
.././reserved.def:169:Unknown directive `END
'
rm -f builtins.o
gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSHELL   -I. -I.. -I.. -I../lib -I.  -g -O2
builtins.c
rm -f alias.o
../mkbuiltins -D . alias.def
gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSHELL   -I. -I.. -I.. -I../lib -I.  -g -O2
alias.c || ( rm -f alias.c ; exit 1 )
../alias.def:219: unbalanced `#endif'
make: *** [alias.o] Error 1

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Thu Apr 30 00:09:25

So, there is a warning making mkbuiltins, that I don´t know if it is
allright.
mkbuiltins then fails to e.g. make alias.c. Executing mkbuiltins by hand
(./mkbuiltins -D . alias.def) reveals that the tail of alias.c contains:

  fflush (stdout);
}
#endif /* ALIAS */
ias (alias)
     alias_t *alias;
{
  char *value;

  value = single_quote (alias->value);
  printf ("alias %s=%s\n", alias->name, value);
  free (value);

  fflush (stdout);
}
#endif /* ALIAS */

Am I doing this dead wrong?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".