Subject: Re: GCC on WindowsNT
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

30 Apr 1998 00:48:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Ronald Pijnacker <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Ronald Pijnacker wrote:

The i[34567]86-*-winnt3*) config was there before I started working with 
Win32 GCC, so I may be off. I have yet to see a working version of it,
and never tried to build it myself.

> What I'd like to know is:
> 
>      * What is this rule for? It seems to be WindowsNT 3.5, but will
>        it work on WindowsNT 4.0 too? If so, how do I build it?

If I remember correctly, it was a 32 bit compiler for WinNT that used NT
linker to do the linking. GNU Ada might have used it at one time until 
it switched first to cygwin32 and then to mingw32.

>      * Is there any WindowsNT `native' support (with native, I mean
>        without cygwin or mingw32).

As far as "native" goes, mingw is as native as you can get! It uses the
GNU assembler and linker however, but the compiler is still completely
native.

>      * Are there any plans in that direction?

Not that I'm aware of.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".