Subject: Re: Mingw32 compiled executables under bash
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

29 Apr 1998 23:29:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Gnuwin95 <[email-masked]>

Hi Kevin,

I'm using extensively the mingw32 compiler supplied by JanJaap.  I
have egcs 1.0.2 but haven't given much time to it yet.  I'm trying to
release a mingw32 supplement package that will aid in porting UNIX
code to native win32.  I hope to announce sometime in May it's
availability.

If your running under bash then set the CYGWIN32 with notty.  I have
mine set like this "SET CYGWIN32=notty nobinmode notitle".

The cygnus version of make will work in MSDOS mode.  If your makefile
has forward slashes "/" in the path structure and uses the colon ":"
as the path delimiter you must "SET MAKE_MODE=unix", otherwise it
MAKE_MODE must not be set.

I did notice the differences in operation with version b18 of bash,
but haven't noticed it with version b19 of bash and the CYGWIN32 set
with notty.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

PS: I've found with Mingw32 "text!=binary" works really well.
PPS: The use of the "/" slash as a directory delimiter is only a
limitation imposed by cmd.exe/command.com and is not a limitation
imposed by the called functions.
PPPS: The default open mode for reading a file will read both \n and
\r\n without concern.  The default open mode for writing a file will
always write \r\n.

---Kevin Hughes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
> I have tried to use some executables compiled with a mingw32 version
of egcs ( supplied by Mumit Khan) but don't
> appear to get the output from the program. The same program compiled
using the cygwin version of the same compiler
> works fine. Any ideas?
> 
> I also get a little problem trying to get the mingw32 compiler to
give me the cpp output when running under bash - it doesn't.
> Is there a trick I am unaware of or is this some form of bug
> 
> 
> Many thanks for any help
> 
> 
> Kevin
> 
> 
> 
> PS is there a version of make which works outside of the bash
environment?
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".