Subject: ANNOUNCE: wxWindows update (GUI framework)
From: [email-masked] (Julian Smart)

29 Apr 1998 19:54:55 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hello all,

A new version of wxWindows has been released. Well, two new versions - an
update of the current 1.68 distribution, and a new alpha of version 2.0.

wxWindows is a free multi-platform C++ GUI toolkit which has been widely
used around the world for several years. It is arguably the most versatile
of the free GUI toolkits with (though I say it myself!) a comprehensive
reference manual in various file formats. Version 1.68 targets Motif,
XView, Xt, and Windows (16 bit and 32 bit). Version 2.0 (alpha) targets
Windows and GTK currently (Motif/Xt and Mac in development), and is a big
leap forward in functionality, flexibility and C++-conformance.

1.68C and 2.0 alpha 9 now compile on Windows with the free compilers
Gnu-Win32 b19 and Mingw32, as well as the popular commercial compilers.

* The wxWindows Web site is at: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin

* 1.68C (Windows, Motif, XView) is at:
ftp://ftp.aiai.ed.ac.uk/pub/packages/wxwin/1.68C.

* wxXt is at: ftp://ftp.aiai.ed.ac.uk/pub/packages/wxwin/ports/xt

* wxWindows 2.0 for Windows is at:
ftp://ftp.aiai.ed.ac.uk/pub/packages/wxwin/2.0alpha

* Robert Roebling's wxWindows 2.0 for GTK is at:
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~wxxt

See also the wxWindows site for mirrors.

These latest releases are also available on CD-ROM (see link below) along
with Gnu-Win32 and Mingw32 and a further 600 MB of other software and
documentation.

Regards,

Julian

========================================================================
Julian Smart              mailto:[email-masked]
57 High Street East       http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart
Uppingham, Rutland        01572 822850
U.K.
LE15 9PY                  Consultancy in GUI, Windows, MFC, C++
------------------------------------------------------------------------
wxWindows CD-ROM: web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/cdrom.htm
========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".